Keto Protein Pancake
- 2 scoops protein powder (23-25g of protein per scoop)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp butter (softened butter since it will melt as you cook and add moisture and flavor to pancake) - salted butter will be superior for this recipe
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Belgian cookie syrup (optional) or 2 strips of bacon (optional)
- Combine all your non liquid ingredients into a bowl.
- Combine all your liquid ingredients into a bowl.
- Pour your wet ingredients bowl into the dry bowl. Mix it with a spoon until the batter is chunky - do not over mix it into a liquid state. We just want a general combination.
- Add in optionals if you want.
- Heat up a pan with some coconut oil or bacon grease - it will give pancake a nice outer shell without burning it. You can use butter as well but don't let it burn the pancake.
- ¼ cup measuring cup to pour pancake batter onto pan.
- Do the same with how ever many pancakes you wish to make (since we are making two large pancakes, you will make one more pancake).
- Allow the pancake to cook until bubbles form on the top. If the bubbles pop and are surrounded batter, it’s too early to flip the pancake. Wait until the bubbles pop and the holes remain.
- Flip in one motion and let the pancake cook for about a minute. Don’t overcook.
- One of the best kinds or types of proteins to use to make protein keto pancake is Syntrax Matrix - Milk Chocolate Powder. This is the ideal protein pancake because it is a combination of whey and casein which seems to be superior for binding over just using whey protein.
Athletic Nutrition Systems http://athleticnutrition.systems/