Ground Turkey and Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 4-6 Portobello mushrooms, depending on size (gills removed and lightly grilled)
- 16 oz ground turkey
- Sprinkle each of garlic and onion powders
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups organic baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (I use homemade that has 4g carb per 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup (plus 1T for each mushroom you stuff) shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté ground turkey until no longer pink.
- Add the sprinkle of garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chopped spinach. Once wilted, add the tomato sauce.
- Stir everything together and once heated thru, remove from heat and add the 1/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Scoop mixture evenly into the grilled portobellos and top each with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella.
- Place on baking sheet lined with foil and bake for about 5-10 mins until cheese melts.
- Nutrition Facts for each stuffed mushroom
Athletic Nutrition Systems http://athleticnutrition.systems/